Maryland Car Donations
Donate Car for Charity is proud to accept your car donation in Maryland. We have towing agents all over Maryland ready to pickup your vehicle donation for free. All we need from you at the time of pickup is:
- Title for the vehicle (see How to Sign your Title)
Donate today by filling out our online donation form. Or call toll free: 1-888-831-1352
Frequently Asked Questions on Donating a Car in MD:
- Where do you pick up car donations in Maryland?
- Is my car donation made in Maryland tax deductible?
- What paperwork do I need to donate my vehicle in Maryland?
- Where do I sign on my Maryland Certificate of Title in order to donate the vehicle?
- Do I keep my Maryland license plates or leave them on the vehicle?
- How do I release the liability of my donated vehicle in Maryland?
We pick up car donations all over The State of Maryland, including:
- Silver Spring
Vehicles donated on this site will benefit a nonprofit classified with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and are tax deductible.
In most cases we need the title to the vehicle. But, if you do not have title papers please check with you local MVA to determine whether you can donate your vehicle without the title. Please visit the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration web site to obtain the necessary forms before donating.
Complete the following fields:
- Signature of Seller(s)
- Printed Name of Seller(s)
- Odometer Reading
in the section on the back of the title titled "Assignment of Ownership".
In Maryland the license plates remain with the owner of the vehicle. We recommend you remove the plates on the day the vehicle will be picked up to avoid having your vehicle towed by your city.
Maryland requires that you turn in your plates to your local MVA in order to cancel your current registration. Once your registration is canceled you can then cancel your insurance. Failure to turn in your plates may result in continued billing my your insurance provider.
For information on how to release the liability of your donated vehicle, please refer to the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration web site.
If you still have questions
call toll-free 1-888-831-1352